saudi New Umrah Visa policy Requirements
As of my knowledge cutoff date of September 2022, the Saudi government had announced a new policy regarding Umrah, the Islamic pilgrimage to Mecca, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The policy stated that only vaccinated individuals would be allowed to perform Umrah and visit the Prophet’s Mosque in Medina. The policy also included a limit on the number of people allowed to perform Umrah at any given time, with a phased approach to increasing capacity as the situation improved.
saudi approved vacine
s of my knowledge cutoff date of September 2022, the Saudi government had approved several COVID-19 vaccines for use, including the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, the Moderna vaccine, the AstraZeneca vaccine, and the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. These vaccines had been authorized by the Saudi Food and Drug Authority (SFDA) for emergency use and were being administered to eligible individuals in the country.
Tourist conditions for travel
As of my knowledge cutoff date of September 2021, the Saudi government had reopened its borders to international tourists, with some conditions in place due to the COVID-19 pandemic. These conditions included:
- All travelers must have a valid tourist visa prior to arriving in Saudi Arabia.
- All travelers must have proof of a negative PCR test taken no more than 72 hours before departure to Saudi Arabia.
- All travelers must download and register on the Tawakkalna app, which is a contact tracing and health information app used in Saudi Arabia.
- All travelers must comply with Saudi Arabia’s health and safety protocols, including wearing a mask in public and practicing social distancing.
It’s important to note that government policies and regulations can change frequently, so it’s possible that there have been updates to the tourist conditions for travel since my knowledge cutoff date. It’s always best to check with official government sources or your travel agent for the most up-to-date information.
The Tawakkalna app is a mobile application developed by the Saudi Arabian government for the purpose of contact tracing and monitoring the spread of COVID-19 in the country. The app is available for download on both Android and iOS devices.
The app requires users to register with their Saudi national ID number and mobile number, and it allows users to:
- Check their COVID-19 status and vaccination status.
- Show proof of their COVID-19 status and vaccination status to authorities when required.
- Access information on COVID-19 prevention and health guidelines issued by the Saudi government.
- Check-in at various locations (such as malls, restaurants, and other public places) using a QR code scanner to help with contact tracing efforts.
It’s important to note that the Tawakkalna app is mandatory for many activities in Saudi Arabia, including entering public places like malls and restaurants. Travelers to Saudi Arabia are also required to download and register on the app as a condition of entry.